Saturday 25 April 2009

CHANGING JOBS, SEEKING FULFILMENT.


I stopped going to work on Wednesday night. I had been planning to change jobs for some time now. My body could not stand the rigour of working night shifts anymore. You see, I have been doing night shifts with my company for almost eight months. During those months of staying awake from 11pm to 6.45am, I gave the job my utmost best. I worked hard and I was recognised for it. Though my take home pay was not increased. I must confess that it was a tough job. Sorting plastics, cans, milk bottles and all kinds of things for Recycling. It was indeed a difficult job. It was my hardworking nature that made me continue with the job. It is all over now. I'm moving on.

One thing I have learnt in life is to understand my body. I cherish my health than the money someone is going to pay me for working for his or her company. There is nothing like moving on to better things. One cannot be in a place for ever. I've got my dreams to carry on. There are other things I want to do. Staying rooted in a place does not signify progress. I'm always on the move. The guys at the office called me and yelled at me for not coming to work. Then one of them told me I had been sacked. Not for once have I felt bothered about their decision to do away with me. I'm at peace with myself and my environment. Before I left the job, I had already gotten a Part time job. I will definately move on to bigger things. I have a winning mentality. I know that ultimately, I would have my own business. I was born to be a change bringer. The time for me to launch out on my own is getting near.

I will never be fulfilled working for others. I have always known that. I can only learn and gather financial resources from anyone I work for at this stage in my life. Like Martin Luther King said- I have a dream. Tolu Ihidero has dreams. So I need to keep learning. And Nigeria is home. How was your day?

2 comments:

Admin said...

A young man who have discovered his mission early in life and know which road will lead him ti his path, will never fail to reach his goal so long as he proceed with determination and with careful planning.. I have a great confidence that you will reach your goal...keep going!

Ariya Today said...

Thanks, Admins. Thanks for the encouragement. I wish you the best. God bless you.