Friday 27 March 2009

P Diddy - I'll be missing you [ Remembering Rotimi Leigh ].

Rotimi Leigh was a young man with a lot of technical abilities. I was not so close to him but he was a friend of my family. His younger brother, Lanre Leigh, is my friend. The last time I was around him was in late 2007. I went to the Leigh's home that day and he was in his room. We talked for a long time that day. We also took a walk with his Rottweiller.

I learnt of his death two days ago. What a waste of talent. We live in a strange world. I am still in shock concerning his death. God, why did you allow the cruel hands of death to take him at a time when his life has just started to blossom? I was told he complained of headache and was taken to the hospital where he died.

I posted this video as a tribute to Rotimi Leigh. He was a good man, though he had his own flaws. I can still remember how he sounds when he talks. I can still remember the brightness in his eyes when he spoke about his dreams. I will really miss him. We cannot always understand why people die unexpectedly. Only God knows why he took Rotimi from us. May his soul rest in peace. We all need to know that life is short . We need to make the best out of life positively. Death is certain. However, it would be good if we die and leave a good name behind. Rotimi Leigh, once more, Rest in Peace.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

RIP Rotimi Leigh even tho i dont knw u.....i hate it when young people die young....but who are we to question HIM, He knows best.

Tolu Ihidero said...

Thanks Bee, Rotimi Leigh is the son of the brother of Professor Abisogun Leigh, who was the former Vice Chancellor of Lagos State Univeristy, Nigeria. He was a technically gifted young man who had a promising future before death cut him off.

I called my dad on Wednesday last week only to learn that he died two months ago. I will really miss him. Rest in peace, Rotimi Leigh.

Jedidiah - The blog of a sane black woman, beloved of God said...

Hey Red, never realized you dint know. It was really painful, still is when you get to think about it. Lanre and I still talked about it at Yetunde's intro. He will be really missed.

Rotimi was a very good man and a joy to everyone around him. I'm glad to know such a person and his memories will always bring a smile to my face even if a few tears drop with it.