Wednesday 23 January 2008

HOLD ON TO YOUR DREAMS.

I have always been a dreamer. I have been dreaming since I was 6 years old. When I talk about dreams, I am not referring to those supernatural encounters we have when we are asleep. I am talking about the goals and aspirations that we have towards an expected end. I have always dreamed of publishing my own Magazine and writing a bestselling novel. This dream has been my driving force in all that I do. I went to Journalism School to polish up my writing skills [ though I know I'm a natural], and attended the University of Ibadan to study History. I am still on my journey to stardom. I am not going to run ahead of my creator in the bid to make it in life. I've learnt from reading the books of John Maxwell, that success is not a destination but a journey where you learn to impact the world positively.

I've faced a lot of challenges in my journey towards God's expected end. I have faced rejection from people that I tried to sell my ideas to. Since then, I have learnt not to look up to people for appraisals concerning my creativity.This is the cold truth: The world is full of people who don't know what they want exactly from life. Telling your dreams to them is like you're hurting them. So they mostly end up as obstacles to the future you dream of. I am not saying you should be a snob, but you've got to be focused and be able to discern those who try to discourage you.

I don't know about you, but I desire to make an impact in and on my generation. With God, I believe I can go the long haul.I usually ask myself this question. What do you hope to achieve before you're 40? I am also asking you this question at this moment. What are your goals at this moment? What project have you been working on in the last 6 months? What are you striving towards in life? You need to lay your hands on something and get started.Don't be idle or the hours, days, months and years will pass you by. Don't forget to commit your goals and dreams into the hands of God. As I write this piece, I am thinking of my immediate plans and how I am going to accomplish something worthwhile. That is the mentality of a winner.

I celebrated my birthday yesterday and I thanked the lord for sparing my life up to this moment. I was able to see beyond the food and goodies, and I spent the afternoon reflecting. Though the celebrations matter a lot, I've promised to hold on to my dreams.Hold on to your dreams.The problems and circumstances around us cannot be compared with the gifts that lie in us. And how was your day?

No comments: