Friday 18 January 2008

CLOSING THE DAY WITH THE LIGHTHOUSE FAMILY

Hi There, it is really nice talking to you again. You're welcome to my world once more. The week has not been so good to me in the sense that I went through an emotional turmoil. My birthday is coming up on the 22nd of this month, a month that is said to be named after the Roman god, Janus. I am an Aquarian and I share the same date of birth with Hakeem Olajuwon. Olajuwon? The name rings a bell, does'nt it? Olajuwon was a respected basketballer in the NBA until he retired some years ago. He played for the Houston Rockets of Texas , a state in the USA.



Anyway, I brightened up today, and I had a new writing opportunity for which I will paid. One of my colleagues way back in the University, David Brown, has called me up to write for a new Business Magazine he is putting together. I have a deadline to meet and I am really excited about the project. My writing file is getting heavier by the day. Well, I am only paying the price for deciding to make a living with the pen.



I am signing out today with some lyrics from the Lighthouse Family. I loved the group when it was in existence. Tunde Baiyewu is my hero anyday. His voice is out of this world. Baiyewu's singing talent shows that africans are really gifted in the arts. I hope to make my mark in the writing world as he has made a huge impact on the music scene. I love their track '' Happy'' , which is the second song in their last album '' Whatever Gets You Through The Day'' . Here are some lines from the beautiful song:



Hey let's all go out tonight

Why don't you and me go out and have a good time?

Make our life a supernatural high

' Cos we're both leaving all that bad stuff far behind



Who says you can't be happy all the time?

Say what you like but I'm still gonna try

Who says you can't be happy all the time?

I know but I'm still gonna try

( c) Paul Tucker and Tunde Baiyewu.



So Let us try and be happy even when ugly circumstances sorround us. How was your day?

No comments: