Sunday 27 January 2008

DEADLINES AND TARGETS.

I have been trying to meet up with my writing schedule in the last three days. As a writer, My life is measured by deadlines and targets. There is always a story to be completed or an article to be written. Sometimes, there comes the occasional phone call or text from my Editor telling me to speed up work on my stories. I know I have to meet the deadlines if I hope to get paid. However, it is a life I enjoy living. I do not have any regrets whatsoever.

I also believe that life should also be lived with deadlines and targets in sight. The Bible says there is a time for everything. We need to give deadlines to some projects that we have embarked on, or we will never complete them. We also need to target the audience or the segment of the society that we want the Project to benefit or reap profit from. We must not just exist, but we must live for something. There should be an idea or purpose we must live for. Deadlines and targets are good for us because they act as guideposts in the rocky path of destiny.

Readers, don't just do things like that. With a wave of the hand. Do things with the end in your sight. Picture where you want to be or what you want to achieve someday. Then work towards it. With God on your side, your dreams will come to pass. Have you set a goal today?

Sitting still and wishing makes no one great,
the good lord sets the fishing-
but you must dig the bait.

And how was your day?

No comments: