Saturday 15 March 2008

LIVING A LIE

I always like being natural when relating with other people. I don't know how to pretend I am someone else other than me. Some of my friends have told me I am still the same boy they met years ago. I have been told that I am too simple and too trusting of others. I have been accused of being too blunt. I have been advised to play along with people in a bid to get what I want from them. I have been told to be diplomatic when dealing with people.I have been constantly warned not to tell my dreams of the future to others. I have been told- '' BEWARE OF DREAM KILLERS!! ''.

However, I have realized that I can't live a lie. I can't change who I am. God has a reason for making the type of person I am. I am not saying I am a saint or angel [ don't forget some angels are on the side of the devil. They are the demons you often hear about ]. The problem people seem to have with me is that I have this confidence in my intellect and my abilities. It is sad that we live in a world that does not encourage people to voice out what and how they feel. I'm not going to start listing examples in this post. It sometimes becomes boring when you do that, you know. So we are often made to keep quiet and endure all kinds of horrible behaviour and comments.

To the dream killers issue. How can a dream come to manifestation if the vision is not shared with people? Many things would have been invented but the potential inventors kept their plans to themselves. Of course, they died with their ideas. Those who would have supported them were not approached for help. Mind you, not everyone out there is a dream killer. There are some people out there, who are prepared to run along with you in actualising your vision. You need to go out and look for them. They won't come to you if you don't go hunting for them. Most times, if you don't present yourself as you are to others, you are taking the risk of living a lie. And there is nothing worse than living a fake life.

You don't have to feel ashamed of who you are. Once you're in tune with God, you can never lose. Your personality traits have nothing to do with what you can become in life. If you possess negative behaviour, you can work on yourself and change those things you don't like about your conduct in public. You can do it with God's help. However, be true to yourself, to God and your loved ones. It pays in the end. Cheers. And how was your day?

No comments: