Tuesday 18 March 2008

DREAMS CAN COME TRUE.

I have always been a dreamer. Right from my primary school days, I have always wanted to see the world. I have always looked forward to the day when I will see other places apart from my home land, Nigeria. Thanks be to God, I have now seen what the outer world looks like. However, in my bid to see that my dreams come true, I have faced obstacles that only the lord helped me surmount. I have seen people sneer at my focus and positive outlook to life. I have heard negative comments being made in my front and behind me. I have been alone most of the time in my current journey to find my destiny. However, I refuse to become what the world wants me to become. I have my life to live.

I have a lot of things I want to achieve before I die. At 30, I can't say I've achieved much. I have made a name for myself when it comes to writing, but it is still on a small scale. I've won awards in school [ back at the University of Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria ] and I write for a catholic magazine. Though I'm making progress, I know I have to work harder on the ideas in my head. I believe dreams can come true if we work towards achieving set goals. It is really an unstable world right now, but we have to push on. It is a world that is not balanced and it is a world full of conflict. Right now, there is a conflict raging inside me. I love my country, Nigeria, passionately. However, the country is not providing a conducive environment for creative types like me. I want to stay permanently in the western world, but I know there would be challenges to surmount in the strange places I've been to. It is really a war that is going on inside me. And there is the war going on outside. The racism, terrorist attacks and wickedness that humanity is being subjected to.

Everyday, I wake up to the reality that there are grounds to conquer. I wonder if I am working hard enough to get my goals achieved. I pray hard for the guidance of my creator. I pray hard that good leaders will be installed in Nigeria so that the country can claim its place in the comity of advanced nations. I pray for the iraqi war to come to an end. I pray for people to accept each other for who they are and not what they are. I also pray to God to help me with the resources I need to carry out my vision for children in Africa.Let me know how you feel about this blog. Thank you lord. And how was your day.

No comments: