Friday 15 May 2009

Masta Ace - The I.N.C. Ride [ REAL TALENT ON DISPLAY ].

I wonder what is wrong with Hip-Hop these days. I remember when I first listened to the juicy rap music of Masta Ace [ Duval Clear]. I was on holidays from High School [ Ijebu-Ode Grammar School, Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State ] and was listening to the radio. I think it was OGBC then. That was when the Abeokuta FM station was running the show. These days, Cool FM, Ray Power 100.5, Rythm FM et al have taken over. As I was saying, the DJ played Masta Ace's INC RIDE and I really loved the track. The lyrics were cool and the beat was out of this world. It was the first time I would be listening to Masta Ace's songs.

Fast Forward to 2009 and I'm watching the video of the great track. This is rap at its best. There is no way you won't like the song. The concept behind the video is also amazing. You would see people riding different cars and feeling happy. The wording of the song makes sense unlike the lyrics of many rap songs today.

These days, rappers rap about money, big cars, women, sex and drugs. Their videos are also sickening and don't have any meaning. I'm not saying the video I posted is 100% good, but it does make sense. The song is also evergreen. So what do we learn from this? This video and song should hopefully help us to be very creative in all we do. Innovation is key to being successful in our endeavours. This is my first post in May. I'm back and I will only be stronger for it. And how was your day?

No comments: