Monday 25 August 2008

MY LIST OF BOOKS. THE TOP 20.

Hi there, I am a voracious reader and reading has always been something I've always engaged in since I was young. I started reading at a very early age. It should be around age 4. I have always read books that were considered above my level. My mum encouraged me in that direction. Okay, let me get to the business of this post. Here are my top 20 books. I hope you'll like my list. I'm influenced to write this piece my the great song of the rapper, NAS- My Book of Rhymes. Check it out on Youtube. Cheers.

1. The Holy Bible Revised Standard Version.
2. The Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson.
3. Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
4. Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson
5. Business At The Speed of Thought by Bill Gates
6. The Road Ahead by Bill Gates
7. The Stillborn by Zaynab Alkali
8. Ibadan by Wole Soyinka
9. The Last of The Mohicans by J Fenimore Cooper.
10. Washington Square by Henry James.
11. Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
12. Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
13. The Passport of Mallam Ilia by Cyprian Ekwensi
14. An African Night's Entertainment by Cyprian Ekwensi
15. The Boy Slave by Kola Onadipe
16. The Lonely Londoners by Samuel Selvon
17. Animal Farm by George Orwell
18. Encyclopaedias of all kinds
19. Little Women by Louisa M Alcott
20. The Biography of Malcolm X by Alex Haley.

2 comments:

Whole Truths said...

Hi Tolu. Er...Please take your time to kindly explain to me why obviously diametric Books by Msrs. Dan Brown and God Jehova are placed beside each other!?

Tolu Ihidero said...

I am not trying to insinuate anything by placing the books beside each other. I admire Dan Brown for his writing skills and I am a christian. I chose to have Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code on my shelf because it is a classic novel, though it has also become controversial. Cheers.